Friday, November 21, 2008

LSD is my drug of choice

As a runner, LSD (d-lysergic acid diethylamide) is my drug of choice. LSD (also called long slow distance) is one of the most potent mood-changing chemicals. It gives me a longer-lasting feeling of euphoria. Side effects include feeling in love, being giddy and smiling involuntarily. This has no scientific basis, but I believe LSD also triggers the release of the happiness chemical that is endorphin.

Occasionally, I take Speed (amphetamines) but I take it in controlled doses. Speedwork gives me a temporary high, but the the crash or comedown thereafter can sometimes offset whatever excitement I had initially. The comedown can make users feel depressed, and cause soreness or injury lasting for one or two days, sometimes longer. Speed puts a strain on one's heart. Taking a lot can give your immune system a battering. You could get more colds, flu and sore throats if you use it a lot.

I prefer a drug cocktail - a 20-30 micrograms of LSD with just the right dab of speed at the finish.


Happy tripping.

No comments: