Wednesday, November 26, 2008

There Are No Bad Runs

There are no bad runs, only bad responses.
This thought pierced my mind as I read Colossians 1:17 (He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together) As Mikee our study leader read on, my mind wandered back to Mall of Asia, Sunday morning of the Animo Run. Memories of dissatisfaction, although now dulled, resurfaced. Yes there were problems at race start. Yes, things did not go as I envisioned them. Yes, I did try hard to shake-off the initial disappointment. Yes, my morning did end well as I completed my impromptu run-bike-run. So why is Paul sermoning me like I am some Colossian?
Haven't I thanked God for my imperfect legs and ugly feet that allow me to run, when I passed by His church on my bike? Haven't I prayed for family, friends and country? Haven't I dedicated my next triathlon to Him? Paul said I forgot about the Supremacy of Christ. He said I was so into this running and biking thing that everything was about my personal happiness and convenience. That I grumble like a bratty child when things do not go my way! Paul continued: There had been and would always be great races and simple runs. And because Christ is before all things and in Him all things hold together, there are no bad runs. Learn to accept setbacks, stop grumbling, and be the appreciative child He wanted you to be. Now do well in the race you promised Him!

No comments: