Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Favorite Blog Entries

(Best of 2008: Running Blog Explosion)
I love reading running blogs. As a token of my appreciation, I want to mention specific blog entries that made me smile, laugh, think or feel inspired. This is not an attempt to sift through all blog entries and rank the best. I started reading blogs late this year, and best is relative. What is best anyway? I only have one criterion for my personal list: I like them.
Here are my favorites and why I like them.
.
.
Drenched
Blogger: Jaymie Pizarro
Poignant. Sincere. Simple with right dash of humor and wit
.
.
My Milo Marathon Story
Blogger: Joe
Straight-forward. Honest. Inspiring.
.
.
Top Ten: Who You Callin Tough
Blogger: Javy Olives
Very inspiring. Well-researched. Powerful images
.
.
Wonder Woman has left the building! (Singapore marathon I)
Blogger: Mesh
Funny, entertaining, inspiring. Very unique viewpoint.
.
.
It is a plane, no it is a dinosaur, no it is an elephant, no it is Philip, the foreign runner!!!
Blogger: Philip Le Roux
The pictures tell it all. Gives hope to us battling the bulge.
.
.

5 comments:

JavyO said...

Rico,

Salamat! All I aim to do with my blog is to P(l)ay it forward.

Well researched pala ha! Funny thing is, most of these come off the top of my head.

Rico Villanueva said...

Yeah, we all aim to play it forward. Bilib naman ako sa stock knowledge mo. I kinda read about a few of those people, but obviously mas addict ka sa akin dahil you remembered more. haha.

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for the citation... just blabbering about how it was that day :D keep on running!

- joe

Anonymous said...

Hi Rico! We share 1 other thing aside from the love of all things running... Hmmm, are we related? Haha!
I'm glad you found Wonder Woman entertaining. Thanks for taking the time to hang out with me and my thoughts. I'm doubly glad (and grateful) you used the word unique rather than weird.;-)

Rico Villanueva said...

Joe, I guess one man's blabber is just that - blabber, errr, inspiration.

Mesh, my father actually has relatives in Bicol, so I guess we are "uniquely" related hehe