Monday, December 22, 2008

The Roads are Best Shared

(Best of 2008: More People Falling in Love with Running)

[Note: In good faith and in the spirit of sharing, this blogger shamelessly filched pho
tos from running blogs. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me :-) If you can't because your heart is presently clouded with fat, just give me a shout and I will remove the offending picture.]


We ran for various personal reasons - to lose weight, to be fit, to challenge ourselves, to achieve, to discover ourselves, to escape, to find peace or to celebrate. One thing I learned though is that our passion for running is best shared with people we care about - family, friends and community of runners. Here is a photo tribute to the people who make our 2008 running year great:





Merry Christmas, Fellow Runners



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the title. And this is what made running more exciting to me too. Meeting runners who were once stangers but now share more than just running --- it's friendship.

Rico Villanueva said...

Thanks, Jinoe. I actually picked the line from one of Mesh's (MyIronShoes) reply to my comment on her Wonder Woman marathon account. I wanted to write the whole phrase "The roads are best shared with friends...", but at this point not everyone in the photos are my friends. I hope to get there. We all would and should get there.

Anonymous said...

the UP picture looks familiar...hehehe

sooner or later, everyone in the photos you posted will be your friend. Merry Christmas and looking forward to meeting more friends in 2009. :)

Rico Villanueva said...

Mesh, if you are reading this, thanks. Hope to share the road with you in 2009 races.

run unlimited said...

Inspiring!

Thanks for the compliments, Rico. You're right, because of friends is why we run. I met a lot of them and you're one. Cheers!