The Roads are Best Shared

Monday, December 22, 2008

(Best of 2008: More People Falling in Love with Running)


[Note: In good faith and in the spirit of sharing, this blogger shamelessly filched pho
tos from running blogs. I hope you will find it in your heart to forgive me :-) If you can't because your heart is presently clouded with fat, just give me a shout and I will remove the offending picture.]


We ran for various personal reasons - to lose weight, to be fit, to challenge ourselves, to achieve, to discover ourselves, to escape, to find peace or to celebrate. One thing I learned though is that our passion for running is best shared with people we care about - family, friends and community of runners. Here is a photo tribute to the people who make our 2008 running year great:





Merry Christmas, Fellow Runners



5 comments:

Jinoe December 23, 2008 at 11:04 PM  

I like the title. And this is what made running more exciting to me too. Meeting runners who were once stangers but now share more than just running --- it's friendship.

Rico Villanueva December 23, 2008 at 11:46 PM  

Thanks, Jinoe. I actually picked the line from one of Mesh's (MyIronShoes) reply to my comment on her Wonder Woman marathon account. I wanted to write the whole phrase "The roads are best shared with friends...", but at this point not everyone in the photos are my friends. I hope to get there. We all would and should get there.

vballrunner December 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

the UP picture looks familiar...hehehe

sooner or later, everyone in the photos you posted will be your friend. Merry Christmas and looking forward to meeting more friends in 2009. :)

Rico Villanueva December 24, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

Mesh, if you are reading this, thanks. Hope to share the road with you in 2009 races.

run unltd. December 24, 2008 at 5:43 PM  

Inspiring!

Thanks for the compliments, Rico. You're right, because of friends is why we run. I met a lot of them and you're one. Cheers!

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP