Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All I want for Christmas is Lego


To create so much with so little. That is my memory of Lego.


Many Christmases ago I received a small box. A humble Lego set no more than 20 pieces that magically transform into a doctor riding a car ambulance. That box, small and simple it maybe then, brought me months of joy. With child wonder and enthusiasm I toyed with the pieces, reveling in each funny, crazy, outrageous combination I did with no more than 20 pieces.

Back then I sometimes wished I had more Lego sets - the pricey ones with gazillions of pieces. Looking back I think I did well with less. Did better with just 20 pieces. I wonder how much my imagination was stretched by having to make do with just 20 pieces.

This Christmas all I want is the Lego of my childhood. To remind myself that in this rat race I am in now, a child with enthusiasm and creativity can accomplish so much with so little.

Have a Lego christmas =)




Inspired by a Facebook post from Mark Mulder.

5 comments:

Neil said...

A few Christmases ago (hahaha decades na ata) I also got a less than 20pc Lego set - fire truck version as my first Lego toy!

Merry Lego Christmas Commissioner!

Rico Villanueva said...

Neil, nahalata yata generation nating. Haha

Tracy Carpena said...

Hahaha.
Merry Lego Christmas, Masters! :)

Uy, inabot ko din ang Lego. :P Pero ang gusto ko nun, Play Doh. Hahaha. :D

Rico Villanueva said...

Hey Tracy, di ba pang toddlers ang Play Doh? Haha

Anonymous said...

Yes, really.