Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Climbing Back

You know you have become too busy when you have to make a calendar appointment for your social life. Tonight I had such an appointment but I found myself enjoying personal time instead. I escaped the metropolis after work and hied off to my new crib in the suburbs. I ate a quick dinner, played with my pup Astro, then grabbed my MTB to explore my new village.

The village name was appropriate: Hills, lots of them. As I admired the American architecture of this residential enclave, I wondered: if this busybee can find time to ride these hills regularly, there is hope for this fat-assed, slow biker.

In an hour of riding I actually found myself lost in the most beautiful section of the village. I was lost and loving every minute of it. As I passed by every cul-de-sac in search of the familiar route home, I had this thought:  I worked my wits off for this peace of heaven on earth. It was all worth it.

I look forward to biking the hills again this weekend.

2 comments:

daytripper1021 said...

great post! happy new year Rico!

--Roelle

Rico Villanueva said...

Thanks Roelle. Hope to see you on the road soon.