Sunday, April 18, 2010

Biggest Loser Contest (BLC) 2: Sub-Rico

I was all set in winning BLC Season 2 (Jan 3-Mar 30), but this guy...
 
BLC 2 Champ Doc Topher
 ....wrestled the title from me.
Topher wowed us all with a 12.11% weight loss (23 lbs), 
but he had a slight gain in body fat percentage (muscles loss? pero muscular pa rin?)

For the whole season I kinda know Topher is my toughest competition, 
but on finals night I got blind-sided by this guy....

Jet
who shocked us all with a massive body fat loss! (8.3 percentage points!)
Ika nga ni Jet, "Mahalaga ang role ng first runner-up..."


I grudgingly settled for third place, proud still of my weight loss (6.8 lbs)
and prouder of the significant body fat percentage drop (4.5 percentage points).
Me with BLC 1 Champ Bryan

Ang ultra buddies na sina Topher at Jet ay nakalamang kay Rico 
ng Php500 each sa pagpanalo sa Sub-Rico Challenge.
Nag-Sub-Rico rin naman ako. Tinalo ko ang dati kong weight nung BLC 1 finals
at tinalo ko rin sila hehe...
Jan, 4th place 
with 4.10% weight loss and 0.8 fat percent drop
 Carlo, 5th place
5.24% weight loss, half percent fat gain
at sila pa...
Sid, Ronald and Natz

and Izie (in purple) and Tracy (in orange)

Mga 3 lbs na lang at baka bumalik na ako doon sa end-2008 weight ko



Actually simula na ang BLC Season 3 for me,
pero ako lang contender dahil sa tindi ng half-ironman training ko,
wala na akong panahon mag-organize.
Wala nang cash incentive, pero you can still try to beat me - vicariously.
Sub-Rico!

I am still losing weight and hovering around 177lbs. 
I hope to bring my Subic Triathlon weight below 175lbs. I have two weeks.
For Camsur in August, I hope to get back to my college weight of 150 lbs. Sana, sana.
BLC 3 for me still August. 
Maybe by then I will peak at 7% body fat like Jake Cuenca during his Bench campaign.
Jake says he is now back to 11% body fat.
Maybe for BLC 4 I can do sub-Jake.


Jake Cuenca at the BLC 2 Final Weigh-in


Thanks to Carlo and Marga for the pictures

11 comments:

Jinoe said...

Naks. Ibang level na si commissioner. May celebrity factor na ngayon ang BLC.

Tracy Carpena said...

Jake Cuenca?! I should've weighed in in the evening! :(

RPA said...

congrats pa din idol!

Anonymous said...

Impressive losses from the BLC participants! Congratulations!

Parang gusto ko i-challenge yang sub-Jake body fat ah (yung 11% ha hehe)... at special guest nyo talaga sya ha hehehe =)

gerard said...

Congrats docT! :)

Unknown said...

congratulations to everybody!

Gingerbreadman said...

Haha congrats on the weight loss bud. Mas pogi ka pa din kay Jake hahahah :P Keep up the awesome work!

Rico Villanueva said...

Jinoe, haha. Jake happened to be around when we were weighing in. Na-curious siguro kung ano ginagawa namin kaya nag-Tanita analysis rin siya.

Trace, haha. Kaya nga kinunan ko na lang ng pic para sa inyo.

Rod, thanks. Mas payat ka pa rin sa akin. Next time, mag-sub-Rod ako. Hehe

Dhenz, kayang-kaya mo yang single digit body fat!

Gerard, naman oh, si DocT lang ang kino-congratulate mo?! Akala ko pa naman dahil tayo ang pasimuno ng BLC eh kampi ka sa akin. Haha.

RJ, congrats rin!

Luis, of course mas pogi tayo kay Jake. Kanya na yung abs! Haha!

Julie @ HotlegsRunner said...

As far as I'm concerned, you are all winners! =) congrats!!! =)

truman said...

once again, rico, thanks a lot for bringing inspiration & driving motivation to runners who want to look better & run faster! :D

Runningshield said...

Amazing how much you guys lost so much weight. Now comes the hard part keeping it off...... just keep on running and im sure you guys wont have a problem.
Make running a wat of life
regards
Raul Patrick Concepcion
http://runningshield.blogspot.com/