Friday, October 3, 2008

Running has its Rewards

I am finally reaping the benefits of subjecting my overweight body to those regular runs. I am slimming down!!!! Since August 1, I have lost around 17 lbs. The continuous weight loss seem to temporarily plateau for now, but I continue to lose inches from my waist, torso and thighs. I am now able to wear clothes I last wore about 2 years ago. From XL, I am now able to get away with some old, medium-sized shirts. My waistline is getting closer to 34 inches. My goal is 160 lbs, 32-in waist line and medium shirt size. I hope to achieve all that before I binge this Christmas. The most encouraging and flattering results are the feedback I get from friends and officemates. Officemates who see me regularly notice the weight difference. Friends whom I do not see as often are startled. It is a great boost to one's ego when pretty acquaintances walk up to you in a gathering and give you a "looking good lately" remark. Nothing beats that. Wipes away all the body aches. :-)

2 comments:

Goddy: An Unbreakable Spirit said...

They say that walking is good for the heart. I walk at least one hour a day or regularly. It really makes me feel good. Running must also be a very healthy activity.

Rico Villanueva said...

Yup, walking is good. I do leisure walks with my beagle or sheltie. My blood pressure and personal disposition have generally improved when I became physically active again.