Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Everyday 5K?

A triathlete's heaviest yoke is literally his weight. It is a drag in the swim, a curse on the bike uphill, and a burden slowing down his run. 

Every morning I weigh myself with equal dread and anticipation. After losing about 7 lbs from my heaviest weight ever, my weight seemed to hit a minor plateuau. I could see more of my neck, my face is acquiring some edge and angles, I get positive remarks from officemates, I am slimming down, but that darn scale WON'T BUDGE!  Bummer!

After 4 half-marys done every week - all done at relatively stable slow pace - I figured it is time to ramp up my act. Run more frequently, rack up the mileage, but do short distances at progressively faster pace. Everyday 5K it is!   I've done it before, run every single effin day for 1.5 months. Lost 23 lbs and a Php3K weight-loss bet to a smart-aleck competitor who dehydrated himself before our weigh in. Sssheeeshh!

Everyday 5K but avoid running into injury and burn-out. Lose weight and pick up speed. Hope I could strike some dynamic balance.  I am on day 3 now. So far so good. I hope I could sustain it.

 

8 comments:

daytripper1021 said...

All the best Rico! Ako rin matagal nang nag-plateau weight ko even if I run 3-4x a week. I guess I should do give that daily 5k a try....

...and iwasan na ang madalas na pag-bubbletea. hehehe...

Rico Villanueva said...

Haha, natawa ako doon sa bubble tea. Sapul! In my case, it's avocado. But hey, it's good fat and I do it only twice a week!

Good luck to us :)

theicemanrunner said...

I wish you the best in your 5k a day run!

Anonymous said...

hey i think i know that smart-aleck. . . hmmm. . .

Good Luck on your solo BLC. . . maybe you're getting older that's why the metabolism gets slower! (joke)

hmmm. . . bubble tea is a nice idea hehehe. . .

docT

Rico Villanueva said...

Thank you icemanrunner :)

DocT, yung smart aleck was an officemate of mine years ago. Ultra pace yata ngayon ang metabolism ko. Haha. Sige nga tikman ko yang bubble tea na yan :)

Julius said...

Rix, pag nag bubble tea ka, ask for extra pearls. Zagu-style hahaha!

daytripper1021 said...

Rico, may I recommend you try the brands "Bubble Tea" (meron sa Megamall and sa Wilson St.) or Chatime (meron dito sa Galleria). Bubble Tea's best-seller is the Royal Milk Tea (charap!) while for Chatime, I recommend the Pearl Milk Tea which is my peborit as evidenced by my unshrinking belly. :D

Take note that I have a Chatime reward card so let me know if you're in the area para matatakan. Ahehehehe....

Rico Villanueva said...

Roelle, addict ka! Haha. Sige, hanapin ko yang Pearl Milk Tea na yan :)